What to packPacking for a safari requires proper planning so that you have everything you need for the ultimate safari experience. We recommend cotton clothing in neutral colors (khaki and green tones) for all game drives and bush walks. Avoid white clothing and dark colors for bush activities, since they tend to attract certain bugs. Please keep in mind the weight restrictions of the airline that you are flying with, as well as what you will need while on safari. There is a daily laundry service at the lodge.
Health requirementsTanzania is a malaria zone country, we strongly advise that you consult your doctor or travel clinic as to what appropriate anti-malarial drugs to take. All visitors must be vaccinated against yellow fever and it is compulsory they provide a yellow fever certificate when entering or exiting Tanzania.
Passport & Visa requirementsPlease remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel and make sure your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months. All foreigners are required to have a valid visa unless their countries have agreements with Tanzania that waivers the visa requirement.
Please ensure that you check with your travel agent about visa requirements.
Here is what we recommend you bring
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks
- Comfortable slippers and sandals to wear around the lodge
- A light jacket & warm fleece
- Comfortable cotton clothing
- Swimming costume/bathing suits
- Sun hat, sun block, & sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Camera and video camera, spare memory cards and charging equipment
- Extra pair of correction glasses and contact lenses (if required) plus contact lens solution
- Sufficient supply of any prescription medication
- A good book to read
TemperatureTemperatures are generally pleasant with min.temp range at night of 13°C / 55°F and max.temp range during the day of 29°C / 84°F.
WeatherDry season: June to October is warmer
Green season: November to March is cooler with light & short rains
Rainy season: April & May - heavy & long rains
We are closed between 1st April to 31st May each year.